With Woobox Custom Tab: This article explains how to add a calendar to Facebook fan page using Woobox Custom Tab app. The calendar of Grey Funnel Line, a Facebook fan community of the British Royal Navy, is implemented with this method. See also the video guide Facebook How To created by Owldesk
Step 1 - Create your Teamup Calendar
- You can create your own calendar from the "Create Calendar" button on our home page or here.
- Go to the Calendar you just created and enter some event data.
- Go to "Settings" on the top right corner of your calendar (administrator view), then go to "Sharing" and copy/save the link URL for "Read-only with Details" to be used in Tab Settings later (see below).
Step 2 - Install Static iFrame Tab App for your Facebook Fan Page
Static iFrame Tab app is a simple content management system for Facebook fan pages. It allows you to add a tab (page) to your Facebook fan page. This Facebook application is provided by WooBox and is free to use.
- Click here: Static iFrame Tab App to start the installation. This will lead you to the following installation page.
- Click the Install PageTab button to proceed. If you are not already logged in to Facebook, you will be asked to do so now.
- Next, you will be asked to choose a Facebook fan page for which you want to install the page tab.
- Finally, you will have to authorize the app to access your data. Click on Go to App to proceed.
This completes the creation of a new page tab for your fan page. Its default name is Welcome. It can be changed later. Browse now to the new page tab to configure it.
Step 3: Configure the New Page Tab
The second step is to configure the page tab. Here are the important settings to make. See the screen shot below for illustration.
- For option Page Source choose the value "URL"
- Enter the web address of your calendar which is the secret URL you get from Step 1 above. Please ensure that this secret web links has read-only permission assigned. Secret web links for your calendar can be created and configured under Settings then Sharing in your calendar. Make sure to replace http:// with https://.
- Make sure that you check "Hide Scrollbars".
- Change the tab name. Otherwise it'd show "Welcome" as the placeholder.
- Change the tab image. Otherwise it'd show the flashlight from Woobox.
- Finally save settings.
Change tab name and image at a later time
At your Timeline, click on the small triangle on the right. Mouse over the Welcome tab and click the pencil to open the pull-down menu and select "Edit Settings". Change the tab name and upload a 111x74 pix. image for your calendar. If you don't want to create your own image, we have made a few image options available for you to use.