With Woobox Custom Tab: This article explains how to add a calendar to Facebook fan page using Woobox Custom Tab app. The calendar of Grey Funnel Line, a Facebook fan community of the British Royal Navy, is implemented with this method. See also the video guide Facebook How To created by Owldesk
Step 1 - Create your Teamup Calendar
- You can create your own calendar from the "Create Calendar" button on our home page or here.
- Go to the Calendar you just created and enter some event data.
- Go to "Settings" on the top right corner of your calendar (administrator view), then go to "Sharing" and copy/save the link URL for "Read-only with Details" to be used in Tab Settings later (see below).
Step 2 - Install Static iFrame Tab App for your Facebook Fan Page
Static iFrame Tab app is a simple content management system for Facebook fan pages. It allows you to add a tab (page) to your Facebook fan page. This Facebook application is provided by WooBox and is free to use.
- Click here: Static iFrame Tab App to start the installation. This will lead you to the following installation page.
- Click the Install PageTab button to proceed. If you are not already logged in to Facebook, you will be asked to do so now.
- Next, you will be asked to choose a Facebook fan page for which you want to install the page tab.
- Finally, you will have to authorize the app to access your data. Click on Go to App to proceed.
This completes the creation of a new page tab for your fan page. Its default name is Welcome. It can be changed later. Browse now to the new page tab to configure it.
Step 3: Configure the New Page Tab
The second step is to configure the page tab. Here are the important settings to make. See the screen shot below for illustration.
- Enable the wider frame size of 810px.
- Optionally choose an image to represent your new page tab or use this one.
- For option Page Source choose the value "URL"
- Enter the web address of your calendar which is the secret URL you get from Step 1 above. Please ensure that this secret web links has read-only permissions assigned. Secret web links for your calendar can be created and configured under Sharing in the Settings of your calendar.
- Make sure that you check "Hide Scrollbars". Save.
- Now your calendar tab appears on your Facebook fan page with the name "Welcome" and a Woobox flashlight image. Change the Tab Name and Image to what you llike, e.g. Event Calendar. This is explained in more details on how to customize the tab appearance.
Finally press Save Settings and you are done.